1. What made you decide to have Weight Loss Surgery?
I wanted a better quality of life and was tired of being tired.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS? And what’s the goal?
147kgs and down 48 kgs in 6 months post op! Goal is about 70kgs and getting there slowly!
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I’m a work in progress
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel amazing, healthy and at peace
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Biggest challenge was the mental aspect, to be able to ween myself of stress eating junk food and soft drinks. I still love my chocolate but in moderation. I am working on my mental health which I feel is the biggest challenge and side effect of the surgery.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
I would have done this surgery 10 years ago if I was aware of it!
7. What are the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Better health and positivity. Feelings of gratefulness.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Yes my pants slipping off at an international airport while running 2 kms to catch a connecting flight in 10 minutes. Best of all I didn’t break a sweat and felt good after the marathon run.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for WLS?
Be disciplined and keep a routine! Focus goes where energy flows.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best thing? Too many to mention but getting a lot of positive comments about my transformation! Hardest part is adjusting the mindset off stress eating!