After struggling with my weight most of my life and my health taking a nose dive with high blood pressure out of control and then diabetes 2 and condition with my heart where blood wasn’t get through and start of sleep issues and my self image of myself and was depressed with myself crying all the time hating myself …
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
My weight before surgery was 125kg and my goal was to be at 80kg
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I did in my first year , I reach that goal and continue to go lower and reach a goal of 70 kg ... and lost lots of cms
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Awesome amazing I feel I have gained my life back , my health is back to be in my hands I have a healthy outlook I exercise and eat in a healthy range
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I was one of the lucky one were I had no issues and no vomiting no dumping no reflux I was under 4 weeks liquid after surgery which I believed help my tummy heal
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes for sure it’s been one of the best things I have done for my life …
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Protein is the key 🔑 and water and I have discovered that how much I don’t need to eat to have the energy and to make my body work I also found intermittent fasting for me I also only eat when I’m hungry
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
The cms going and being able to see the dress sizes going down and my attitude changing from negative to positive.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Believe in yourself and the process to take your time it won’t happen quick but it will .
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
My health being in my hands !! Being able to exercise to live a more healthy lifestyle The hardest was to believe when I stalled