I wanted to be healthy and comfortable in my body.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Before surgery 119.6. My dietician thought I should aim for 70, but my surgeon told me to keep going till it stops which I love. My personal goal is 65. This morning I was 74.8.
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I'm getting there.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Like life is a joy and anything is possible.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Not so far, although I am slightly lactose intolerant and can only use liddles low fat milk, everything else makes me feel sick.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
In a heart beat, but I would have done it sooner if I knew it would be this good.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
I love going for walks and am working my way towards a 21km walk by the end of the year. I can easily walk 10 km now and never thought that would be possible.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I expected there to be more pain after surgery.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do it and begin a new chapter of your life.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
My new and improved mental state. Learning that it doesn't matter what others think about bariatric surgery, I did this for me not them.