1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
I needed to make some changes in my life. I quit smoking first. I started to regret quitting after noticing the 10 extra kgs I had put on from not smoking. I thought this wasn’t right, I should be happy I quit. I decided that the best thing for my health was to enquire about WLS. A year later, I was sleeved! Best decision of my life!
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Highest weight that led to the decision was 104kg, I am only 156cm. My goal is 60-65kgs.
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I am now 4 months post surgery and I am 75kgs
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel fantastic. More energy, more confident and more happy. Changed my life.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Not one problem. Easy surgery. Pain free And everything has been smooth sailing so far. Gas pain after surgery was the worst of it!
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
I would have done this years earlier if I knew that it was as easy as this.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Once booked-start making small changes. Change your mind set from ‘I can never have this’ to ‘I can have this sometimes’ - it is the difference between failing and staying on track. I quit smoking this way too!!
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Losing weight so quickly was a surprise, I knew this was going to happen but just dosing believe it after dieting g for so long and it never working for me!
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Think of the end goal- even whilst at the operating doors, just before I was wheeled in, I was wondering ‘what the hell was I doing’ -stay focussed and visualise your skinner you!! You can do this!
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
No sleep apnea, no plantar fasciitis and no sore knees. Hardest part shopping for new clothes online when you don’t k ow your size-Covid lockdown restrictions have made it hard to go shopping g and try on clothes, especially when you are so excited!