1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
Me My health. l was not happy, continueing to be tired, sick putting on weight once l left Defence. It was a up hill battle.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Just over 100kg. With the consultation of my Doctor and my decision 75kg
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes and some 69kg and still going. 12 months on the 24 Nov
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I was very blessed, nothing major.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
My transformation... minimalist in clothes. Use the op shops more, love of colour and accessories. Husband was proud of me before, even more so now l have done this for me.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
All of the journey l don't take for granted. Every day l learn somthing about myself and life is great.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Preparation, planning do your due diligence. Have and make sure you are realy prepared. Ensure the surgeon has a team to support you. i.e dietition, psychologist, l would also add sports physiologist too.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
I feel so much healthier. The hardest changing my mind set on my body image size and excepting complements from people.