After spending all my life as that fat kid then teenager and pretending to be that "fat but happy" adult I decided O wanted fo live a life without limitations
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
138kg prior to surgery 65kg was goal weight
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes, am now 61.7kg
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Younger, healthier and I do things I only ever dreamed of now. I live life and love it!
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Went from lapband to mini bypass in 2018 without successful weight loss. Has RNY with a minimiser ring in September 2020 and that has been successful.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Definetely.....in a heart beat!
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
The obvious- dropping clothes sizes, people not recognising me (in a good way!), massive boost in confidence, being able to take part in activities and adventures (white water rafting, parasailing etc) and best of all being able to enjoy being active with my grandkids ❤️
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
For sure! Getting to a size 10 was never on my radar....the man who I have been in love with for decades is now my partner because I had the confidence to open up to him
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Follow all instructions from your weight loss team, don't listen to the negative Nancies, treat weight loss "stalls" as time for your body and mind to get in sync (stalls ARE part of the process!) and always remember it's YOUR journey and all of our journeys are different.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best thing- I have learned to love who I am Hardest- learning to eat small portions and to not drink with food.