I became sick in 2019 with a liver disease and tipped the scales at nearly 100kg after being prescribed Presnisone. After years of yo-yo dieting and struggling with my weight, I finally decided that this was the best option for my health
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
At consult I was 96.6kg, current is 63.4kg. The goal was 70kg!
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I did, and then surpassed it!
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Amazing! I have never felt better in my body than I do right now, I feel so healthy and fit, and love being able to shop in any store I like
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I had a textbook surgery, recovery and journey. I have an amazing team of doctors and that has been instrumental during this process
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Absolutely! I have never doubted my decision for one second (even in those early post op days when food was so hard to figure out!)
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
The WLS community is just wonderful. Following others on Instagram has been such a great insight into how others are travelling, and tips and tricks to manage after having this surgery
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Wearing a size 8. I have never worn a size 8 in my life, and I’m 41 and wearing clothes i never, ever thought I would wear - skinny jeans!
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Ignore anyone who has not had the surgery and has a negative opinion. While people have ideas about what WLS is, if they haven’t had it, they will have little of value to offer you
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
I feel so confident, beautiful and healthy. The hardest part has been figuring out what foods don’t work for me (8 months later and chicken is very hard!)