|40g||BN Pure Pro|
|60g||Tahini to bind|
Blend the dry ingredients, making sure the dates are finely integrated
The mixture will look like cake mix when its ready
Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and mix in honey and tahini until a solid past eventuates
Roll into ball-shaped portions ready for an in-between meal snack bursting with antioxidants and protein
- This week's recipe is a great package of satisfying nutrients.
- Nuts are a great snack that keeps you feeling full. Almonds are a source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and high-quality protein; they also contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids along with high levels of bioactive molecules (such as fibre, phytosterols, vitamins, other minerals, and antioxidants) which can help prevent cardiovascular heart diseases.
- Cacao is used widely now as a yummy chocolate flavour for many dishes, it is known for improving mood. Cacao can increase levels of certain neurotransmitters that promote a sense of well-being, and the same brain chemical that is released when we experience deep feelings of love – phenylethylamine – is found in chocolate. It provides minerals: magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper and manganese.
- Tahini is my go to when I want to make something a bit sticky and fudgy! It is made from sesame seeds, so it provides calcium, It's a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification. It's one of the best sources of calcium out there. It's high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- After surgery there is a huge focus on meeting your protein needs - so an addition of BN PURE PRO is another great way to add more than 20g protein to your day in every scoop. Protein is essential for hormone production, maintaining lean muscle mass, making neurotransmitters, supporting immune function and a host of other essential actions that help us to know we simply can't go without it!