The Complete Guide to Nutrition for WLS is the essential guide for those considering or who have had Gastric Band, Sleeve or Bypass Surgeries.
You'll have comprehensive information about
- Each surgery
- Preparation, recovery and side effects
- The amount you should eat and drink immediately following surgery and long-term
- Troubleshooting and common complaints
- Important food habits and behaviours
- Nutrition deficiencies that can occur
While it is good to understand the theory behind nutrition and Weight Loss Surgery (WLS), you will get the most enjoyment from over 100 tasty recipes throughout the book.
Volunteers who have had various forms of WLS were also involved in 'road testing' the recipes. Their feedback is also incorporated, and their comments are included.
The recipes are not only for those who have had WLS but are generally acceptable for family and friends. Suggestions to modify serve sizes for those who have not had surgery are included.